Monday, February 16, 2015

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

I completely stopped running for a while. After the crazy Hakafat HaTavor I took a break, then got sick, then got pregnant, then recovered, then got stuck in an endless crazily busy daily routine that barely included any form of exercise at all.

Then I somehow signed myself up to run in the Jerusalem marathon (the 10K only, nothing too crazy!) in order to raise money for an amazing organization called Crossroads, so now I'm suddenly committed to start running and get myself up to 10K speed again.

PLEASE SPONSOR ME!!


My first time back on the road with Bingo right before the snow storm that didn't actually happen

I started running again a few weeks ago. It hasn't been so bad. The hardest part is logistics. Before having a baby I only really had to work around my work schedule. Now there's a little human that I have to constantly keep a close eye on and watch over. He's super adorable but quite a trouble maker, and even when he's sleeping there needs to be someone home watching over the place. This wouldn't be such an issue except that Nate started working evening hours about 8 months ago, so I don't usually have another adult present to stand guard while I go for a nice long run, and though I've considered it, I just don't know how much I trust Bingo as a babysitter.

It's not all that bad because I have a friend who picks up Gavi twice a week and then she comes over and helps me with housework. From the time I get Gavi to sleep and until she leaves is officially my only time to run and I need to start taking advantage - fast. This 10K is coming up in a little over a month and I should probably be nervous. I also have Saturday and Sunday nights where Nate is home so if you add that into the mix then I could potentially train 4 days a week. The only issue is that I STRONGLY prefer running in the morning. When I had more time, I used to run in the park or gym in the morning before work. This was the best! I could wake up, get in a run, take a shower, start my day. I was so energized for the rest of the day from the adrenalin and the best part is that I got it over with fast. We're supposed to be getting a treadmill at the office, though honestly, not gonna hold my breath on that one.

Of course, shortly after I began running again, I almost completely sliced my finger off trying to remove the pit from an avocado - idiot alert! I got stitches in a really annoying place and had to keep it dry so running wasn't happening. Thankfully I'm all good now and I have a little less than a month so I'm going full speed ahead.

Taken on my most recent morning run through Gan Saccher



I'm really only doing this to raise money for a worthwhile charity, so although it's great for my health and spirit, I'm not concerned that I may not run the entire 10K - if I have to walk here and there for a half a kilometer at a time, I'll be just as happy. All I have to hope for is nice weather and my familia cheering me on. Wish me luck! And again...

PLEASE SPONSOR ME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment